Monday, November 24, 2008

Dead Space 360 review.

Overall, I'd give it a 7.

The graphics were great, honestly. It looks life-like, and the lighting keeps you balancing on the edge of your seat, hoping nothing pops out of darkness. Plus, there's nothing like tearing aliens limb from limb with an upgradable, semi-original gun. I could talk for hours about how scared you'll be, and the awesome graphics/physics/upgrade systems, or how you're completely immersed in the interesting story-line, but you can find that review anywhere. What I'm piping on is what didn't seem to bother most, the obnoxiously long, irritating, drawn-out, prolonged L-O-A-D... D-D-D... You get my point, loading times. If you play the game longer than 10 minutes, on any difficulty higher than easy, you'll die, and when you die, you be forced to wait for extreme amounts of time. Most gamers just play a little in the morning, play till they die, and head off to work. After an eight hour shift, you've only got a few more hours till it's done loading. It really loosened up my schedule, at least. For example, when I would normally be gaming, thanks to Dead Space's whale-sized loading time, I actually went camping between deaths. I really connected with nature. Although my new found love for baby rabbits is something to smile about, the untimely loading is not. I can actually run from the T.V. room, down the hall, through the door, across the lawn, touch the back gate, and be back with time to spare. It's not just death that causes these loooooooooooong waits, it's doors, too. In Dead Space the doors act as level loaders, meaning that when you go to open a door, it won't open until the space behind the door is loaded. And I bet the folks over at EA thought they were pretty clever. WRONG! With doors basically everywhere, I'm getting sick of watching the same animation projection spin endlessly. Just open the f***in door!

Anyway, when I'm not helping furry animals survive in the wild, you'll find me playing Dead Space. (P.S. I wrote this whole thing wating for the level to load up.)

No comments: